Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Travel Differently

Do we buy the way we used to nowadays ? I was having a chat with my team how we have changed our method of buying.

Take travel for example. 14 years ago, I will first walk into a travel agent who would push me a load of photocopied brochures and my knowledge on the place based on the travel agent who tried very hard to flock the packages to me.

And now ? I’m empowered with so much information I don’t even know where to begin. Would I go website to check destination or price first ? Or how about what do to, where to go, what to eat …. All these information available easily through one click and you’ve probably heard it before.

What I want to share with you is how marketers have go one step up by utilising technology to capture their target while they are traveling. Enter American Express Travelcast – a podcast downloadable into your iPod. Together with this download is a pdf file of a suggested walking route. And the scenic route was specially mapped to have retailers, restaurants offering some sort of discount to American Express card holder. I believe this is true embracement of technology.


Check it out at http://www.americanexpress.com/italy/travelcast/index.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home